Our BeachesThe Silver Beach Association maintains two pristine beaches; one beach along the Atlantic Ocean and one beach along Barnegat Bay.
Our beaches offer a family friendly environment, a safe swimming area, sun and fun during the day, and cool breezes at night. The Association employs an experienced, well trained and well equipped lifeguard staff to protect beach goers. All instructions of the lifeguards must be obeyed, including the closing of the beaches to swimming and other water activities.
- The 2018 season for our Ocean Beach is the weekend of June 16th – 17th and daily, from June 22nd – September 3rd.
- In 2018 our Bay Beach will be closed for swimming. Signs have been posted to swim at your own risk.
- Lifeguards are on duty daily at the Ocean Beach, in season, from 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. The Bay Beach will not have a lifeguard on duty swim at your own risk.
- All swimmers MUST exit the water at the close of each day of the Season until the lifeguards leave the beach. Swimming when lifeguards are not on duty is discouraged and at your own risk.
- Daily Curfew: The Bay Beach is closed from 10:00 p.m. to Dawn, and the Ocean Beach is closed from 11:00 P.M. to Dawn. Minors must be accompanied by an adult after 10 P.M.
- All trash, including cigarette and cigar butts, and recyclables must be carried off of the beaches and disposed of properly.
- No pets are permitted on the beaches.
“What do all of the flags mean along the edge of the Ocean Beach water?” The answer is outlined on the white boards behind each lifeguard stand and described below.
- The two green flags indicate the total swim area and have the words “swim area” on them. This is the area you should use when entering the water for swimming activity.
- The yellow flag is placed where the rafting area begins, and has the word “rafts” on it. Around this flag you should look for the arrow pointing in the direction where rafts and boogey boards should be used.
- The two orange flags, placed approximately 15 to 20 feet outside of each of the two green flags, will have the words “surf/fish/skim”. Outside of these orange flags is where all other beach and water activities should be done, including surfing, fishing, paddle boarding, kayaking, etc.
- The black flag with a large “X” on it is placed between the green and orange flag. This area marks a buffer zone between our bathers and people doing other beach and water activities (fishing, surfing, paddle boarding, kayaking, skim boarding, etc.). We need this area to be free of any beach or water activities to make it safe for ALL PARTIES!
OCEAN BEACH RULES
- Swimming is permitted only in the designated swim area as determined by the lifeguards.
- Inflatable rafts and boogie boards are permitted only in the area designated by the lifeguards.
- Inflatable boats and tubes and swim “noodles” are NOT permitted in the Ocean.
- Skim boarding is only permitted outside the designated swim area.
- Surfing is only permitted outside the designated swim area.
- Fishing is only permitted outside the designated swim area.
- Kite flying is prohibited while lifeguards are on duty.
- Pointing beach umbrellas into the wind will avoid dangerous situations. On extremely windy days, lifeguards may ask that umbrellas be taken down.
GENERAL BEACH RULES
- The Ocean and Bay Beaches are open to the public.
- No children under the age of 12 are allowed at the Ocean or Bay Beaches unless accompanied by an adult.
- All persons 12 years and older must be in possession of a beach badge on the Ocean Beach during the Season. Beach badges must be worn or presented to the Badge Checker upon request.
- All instructions of the Lifeguards must be obeyed.
- Swim at your own risk.
- Do not sit directly in front of the lifeguard stands.
- Vandalism will not be tolerated. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Ball playing, throwing a Frisbee, playing paddleball, etc. are not permitted along the water’s edge, in close proximity to sunbathers, or as otherwise directed by the lifeguards.
- No loud music is permitted at the beaches at any time.
- No profane language should be used at the beaches at any time.
- All trash, including cigarette and cigar butts, and recyclables must be carried off the beach and disposed of properly.
- No pets are permitted on the beaches.
- Broken chairs and umbrellas are to be carried off the beach and disposed of properly; they are not to be left on the beach for the lifeguards to remove or at the top of the beach streets.
- No fires are permitted at any time.
- Holes dug on the beach must be no deeper than two (2) feet and must be filled in before leaving the beach.
- No launching or beaching of motorized watercraft or non-motorized watercraft exceeding fourteen feet in length is permitted on the beaches at any time.
- Non-motorized watercraft fourteen feet or less in length may be launched outside of designated swim areas.
- All persons launching non-motorized watercraft from the beach MUST wear a lifejacket.
- Storage of watercraft on the beaches is not permitted at any time.